Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Julia was born 5 months ago today

My dear Julia,

I have been thinking of you nonstop the last 24 hours. I've been replaying all the events leading up to your birth which was at noon today. I miss you now more than ever. Mattie and I were playing Mattie's version of Candyland today (Mattie rarely plays games the way they are supposed to be played.) There were 3 play pieces. Mattie put one of the game pieces at the end of the game with the Candy King. She said, "Julia is with the King." And then Mattie and I had to play the game to get to the King. I thought that was a perfect image... since you, my little one, indeed are Home with the King and Mattie and I are still trudging along our path of life with the goal to meet you (and the King) in Heaven one day. Our path to you seems so long. Mattie talks about you every day.

I love you, my child. I miss you.

Love,
Your mommy

1 comment: